The suggested bid for translation by Google Global Market Finder
Thread poster: Han Li
Han Li  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 11:17
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 16, 2011

Today, I have just found Google Gloabal Market Finder at http://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/index.html.
You just need to select your location and language, enter keywords and click 'Find opportunity', you can see the suggested bid by Google.
It seems my bid is very lower than the suggested bid in my language pair from English to Chinese.
How about you? Could you please share it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 10:17
Member (2004)
English to Thai
+ ...
ฺBroken link? Jan 16, 2011

I want to check algorithm of Google on translation market but I cannot open this link. Is not it wrong?

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Paula Hernández
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:17
English to Spanish
+ ...
Erase de dot... Jan 16, 2011

after html

China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Right Jan 16, 2011

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

I want to check algorithm of Google on translation market but I cannot open this link. Is not it wrong?

Soonthon Lupkitaro

http://translate.google.com/globalmarketfinder/index.html

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:17
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Is this for Google Ads? Jan 16, 2011

I don't understand what this is for.
Is it for Google Ads? Is it really reporting price/word for a translation? I can't see any reference to this.

China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not sure Jan 16, 2011

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

I don't understand what this is for.
Is it for Google Ads? Is it really reporting price/word for a translation? I can't see any reference to this.

I just have found it at haphazard.

Wiebke Myohl  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Price per keyword in Google AdWords Jan 16, 2011

This page is not about translation prices but rather for estimating how much money you will have to spend for a certain keyword in a certain country when promoting your buisness via Google AdWords.

Maybe this information already solves your question...

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
It shows demand Jan 16, 2011

Emma Goldsmith wrote:
I don't understand what this is for. Is it for Google Ads? Is it really reporting price/word for a translation? I can't see any reference to this.

The price shown is the price to bid for keywords on Google Ads. The price has nothing to do with translation rate. What the tool does show, however, is demand. It doesn't show supply, but it does show where there is potentially a lot of demand for your services.

E.g. my main language is Afrikaans, so I did a search for "afrikaans translation" and "afrikaans translator", and found that the biggest demand is in South Africa (obviously), the United States, the UK, Germany (surprised), France (surprised) and Australia. Oh, and India (probably all those Indian agencies searching for Afrikaans translators). I also discovered that the demand in the UK is a bit higher than in the United States (which is news to me).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The suggested bid for translation by Google Global Market Finder

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search