Translation work through a Facebook application?
Thread poster: Judith Anne Smith

Judith Anne Smith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:16
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2011

Hello! I saw a job posting here on Proz.com, and it appears to be translation work through a Facebook application. I have never heard of this before. Has anyone heard of this? If so, what is your opinion?

[Edited at 2011-01-27 10:09 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
earlier discussion Jan 27, 2011

This was discussed last Summer: http://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/174797-cloudsourcing_speaklike.html

If the link doesn't work, then search for "Speaklike". I can't remember having a particularly strong opinion about the thing, but I think the discussion was fairly heated.

Judith Anne Smith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much! Jan 28, 2011

Thanks for the link, Michael! It helped a lot to see what other translators think about this type of translation work. My doubts were about a different company (that's why my forum search came up with nothing), but my original post was censored for mentioning the specific outsourcer. Funny how the link you gave me did contain the name of that particular company, and there was no problem with that, and even a representative of the company was able to clarify!

Again, thanks!

Judith Anne Smith

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation work through a Facebook application?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search