https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/197759-seeking_accounting_software_for_mac.html

Seeking accounting software for Mac
Thread poster: Jeff Clingenpeel
Jeff Clingenpeel
Jeff Clingenpeel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:19
Member (2009)
German to English
Apr 28, 2011

Hello all,

Since I'm not an IT expert, I've been desperate for some easier technology for my translation work and have been urged by many, many people who are IT experts to switch over to Mac because it's apparently vastly more robust and user-friendly than Windows systems. I've learned that this would mean switching from Trados to Wordfast, a switch I'm only all too eager to make, given the intense frustration that Trados causes people like me, who don't really have much of a head
... See more
Hello all,

Since I'm not an IT expert, I've been desperate for some easier technology for my translation work and have been urged by many, many people who are IT experts to switch over to Mac because it's apparently vastly more robust and user-friendly than Windows systems. I've learned that this would mean switching from Trados to Wordfast, a switch I'm only all too eager to make, given the intense frustration that Trados causes people like me, who don't really have much of a head for IT. Now, however, I've discovered that the accounting software I use (Translation Office 3000) is not available for Mac, nor does the company have any plans to make a Mac version.

Does anyone have any suggestions of translators' accounting software that works on Mac OS X? I would love to find something as simple to use as TO3000 and geared toward translation work.

I know you can run Windows within a Mac now, but to me that defeat the purpose of switching, since Windows apparently opens up your Mac to the viruses, adware, etc. that make PCs such a trial for me.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Jeff Clingenpeel
Collapse

Kornelia Longoria
Kornelia Longoria  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:19
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
I have Quickbooks Apr 28, 2011

It works fine for what I need. However, when I saw the version of Quickbooks for Windows I think that the MAC version could be significantly improved.

Stephanie Busch
Stephanie Busch  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:19
English to German
+ ...
Mac compatible TO3000 version said to be coming soon Apr 28, 2011

At least this is what we were told during the Q&A session of the TO3000 webinar held in January 2011:

"TO3000 can only be run on MAC using a virtual PC or other emulator. But a new version will be released soon that is MAC compatible."

But perhaps your information is more up to date than mine?

Jeff Clingenpeel
Jeff Clingenpeel  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:19
Member (2009)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
TO3000 for the Mac Apr 28, 2011

Stephanie Busch wrote:

At least this is what we were told during the Q&A session of the TO3000 webinar held in January 2011:

"TO3000 can only be run on MAC using a virtual PC or other emulator. But a new version will be released soon that is MAC compatible."

Thank you for the news! My information came from an undated Q&A page on the company's website. Hopefully "soon" means within the year!

Best,
Jeff

Fernando Toledo
Fernando Toledo  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:19
German to Spanish
I am a happy Mac user... Apr 28, 2011

Jeff Clingenpeel wrote:

Stephanie Busch wrote:

Thank you for the news! My information came from an undated Q&A page on the company's website. Hopefully "soon" means within the year!

Best,
Jeff

... and use also, windows, but only as a kind of application more in my Mac.

With VMware Fusion (or parallels) install Windows and put it in the "second display" (space). Thats all. Install all the things you need in Windows and use it together with OSX.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking accounting software for Mac

Translation news

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »