Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]
Do agencies' automatic invoicing procedures drive you mad?
Thread poster: Christine Andersen

polskiexpert
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:19
Member (2010)
Polish to English
+ ...
ok for me Jul 20, 2011

Hello

I use mainly Language Director- (interpreting) which works for me.
I can preview all costs, ask PM questions directly, know exactly how much I am going to be paid (there are other interpreting agencies which I chase each month for travel reimbursements... their pay policy is vague like the weather in Scotland)

Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 08:19
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Have fun with all the Andersens in Denmark and my international family... Jul 20, 2011

Tom in London wrote:

Christine Andersen wrote:

the year we last moved house and the year my brother-in-law was born

Thanks for those clues, Christine. I'm sure with a bit of intensive googling I'll be able to access your bank account.

I just need to check some property sales in Denmark and some registers of births, marriages, and deaths.

Are you paranoid yet?

One of these days, Tom, I will find out who you are, too! But I won't note it down anywhere, so I might forget again

[Edited at 2011-07-20 09:28 GMT]

Alex Lago  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:19
Member (2009)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I wish I had that many clients Jul 21, 2011

Jabberwock wrote:

Alex Lago wrote:

I only have one client that uses an automated system but it works perfect.
I have often wished all my other clients used the same system.

The problem is that other clients do not use the same system - each of them has something completely different... That is why it is so frustrating - as someone said before, they treat you like an employee, like you have no other clients at all. Remembering all the details, logon procedures, invoicing rules etc. is a bit much.

It is my experience that translators do not usually have that many clients, we aren't talking 100's here.

At least from my point of view I have no problem adapting my invoicing procedures to each client and if they each have different systems and procedures I will just create a different "cheat" sheet for each client where I will have all the info and I can just copy/paste it into their system.

For me having a system where I can ensure my invoice has been properly logged is a plus, that way I am sure they have the invoice in their payment schedule.7

Obviously I am sure there are some systems that are more user friendly than others, but at least for me any system is better than none.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do agencies' automatic invoicing procedures drive you mad?

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search