Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Sep 27, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I compiled a survey to get feedback from translators on translation automation (aka machine translation, information-technology-based language transfer, etc.). The results will help me to understand how translators make use of this piece of technology, how it influences their way of working, what challenges they see around it, what reservations they have about it, etc. As a freelance translator panelist in the Proz-Taus debate on translation automation on September
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I compiled a survey to get feedback from translators on translation automation (aka machine translation, information-technology-based language transfer, etc.). The results will help me to understand how translators make use of this piece of technology, how it influences their way of working, what challenges they see around it, what reservations they have about it, etc. As a freelance translator panelist in the Proz-Taus debate on translation automation on September 29, feedback will allow me to polish my views on the subject.

The survey is available at http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/D7BD962 . It can be comfortably completed in 10-15 minutes. Thank you for your help in advance.

Best,
Attila
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Survey results published Oct 6, 2011

Dear colleagues,

Many thanks to all those who participated in the survey. I received 180 replies. There were lots of insightful comments, both for and against MT. I tried to include a balanced selection in the summary, which is now available at www.pirothattila.com/APiroth_MT-Survey.pdf .

The feedback was quite useful for the Proz-Taus debate, and will also ser
... See more
Dear colleagues,

Many thanks to all those who participated in the survey. I received 180 replies. There were lots of insightful comments, both for and against MT. I tried to include a balanced selection in the summary, which is now available at www.pirothattila.com/APiroth_MT-Survey.pdf .

The feedback was quite useful for the Proz-Taus debate, and will also serve well for an open webinar due this weekend - see details on my profile page. Thanks again to everyone who participated.

Best,
Attila
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey on translation automation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »