Starting an enterprise in Austria - suggestions needed
Thread poster: Szabolcs Király

Szabolcs Király  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 13:27
Portuguese to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 27, 2011

Can anyone help me with information about starting an enterprise (possibly OG or KG) in Austria? What fees and taxes should I expect if all members are registered for full time in Hungary?
Also can someone recommend an accountant who deals with such small enterprises?
Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
Starting a company in Austria Dec 27, 2011

Starting up a buisness in Austria unfortunately not very easy. In fees, taxes and insurances are mostly based on what you earn, but there are certain minimum payments, especially with insurances (which you HAVE to sign by law). About 50% of what you earn goes to taxes and fees. There are so many tips and tricks that you can save or lose a lot of money on with starting your on company, that i would advise you to go to a good accountant straight away, and set him to deal with everything. By writing to the WKO (Wirtschaftskammer, www.wko.at) you can find further information (i do believe the site is in english too) plus find an accountant they recommend.

Yuri Dubrov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 14:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Some general information is here (2009) Dec 27, 2011

http://www.uhy.com/media/PDFs/doing_business_guides/Doing%20Business%20in%20Austria.pdf

Szabolcs Király  Identity Verified
Hungary
Portuguese to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Dec 27, 2011

Thank you Sigfrid and Yuri!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting an enterprise in Austria - suggestions needed

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search