Starting an enterprise in Austria - suggestions needed
Thread poster: Szabolcs Király

Szabolcs Király  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 15:24
Portuguese to Hungarian
+ ...
Dec 27, 2011

Can anyone help me with information about starting an enterprise (possibly OG or KG) in Austria? What fees and taxes should I expect if all members are registered for full time in Hungary?
Also can someone recommend an accountant who deals with such small enterprises?
Thanks in advance.

Sigrid Andersen  Identity Verified
Member (2011)
Danish to German
+ ...
Starting a company in Austria Dec 27, 2011

Starting up a buisness in Austria unfortunately not very easy. In fees, taxes and insurances are mostly based on what you earn, but there are certain minimum payments, especially with insurances (which you HAVE to sign by law). About 50% of what you earn goes to taxes and fees. There are so many tips and tricks that you can save or lose a lot of money on with starting your on company, that i would advise you to go to a good accountant straight away, and set him to deal with everything. By writin... See more
Starting up a buisness in Austria unfortunately not very easy. In fees, taxes and insurances are mostly based on what you earn, but there are certain minimum payments, especially with insurances (which you HAVE to sign by law). About 50% of what you earn goes to taxes and fees. There are so many tips and tricks that you can save or lose a lot of money on with starting your on company, that i would advise you to go to a good accountant straight away, and set him to deal with everything. By writing to the WKO (Wirtschaftskammer, www.wko.at) you can find further information (i do believe the site is in english too) plus find an accountant they recommend.Collapse

Yuri Dubrov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:24
English to Russian
+ ...
Some general information is here (2009) Dec 27, 2011

http://www.uhy.com/media/PDFs/doing_business_guides/Doing%20Business%20in%20Austria.pdf

Szabolcs Király  Identity Verified
Hungary
Portuguese to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Dec 27, 2011

Thank you Sigfrid and Yuri!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Starting an enterprise in Austria - suggestions needed

Advanced search

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within SDL Trados Studio

SDL Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search