Spain
Local time: 06:35
Member (2005)
Spanish to German
+ ...
We are not spam :) Feb 16, 2012

Hello everyone
I am a project manager in this company. I am sorry to cause so much trouble

Some months ago we decided to enter more translators in our database, because of that we used Proz to contact a lot of translators from different languages. We entered their details in our database but as the rate cell was empty. We sent another e-mail some
... See more
Hello everyone
I am a project manager in this company. I am sorry to cause so much trouble

Some months ago we decided to enter more translators in our database, because of that we used Proz to contact a lot of translators from different languages. We entered their details in our database but as the rate cell was empty. We sent another e-mail some days ago in order to get this information. We sent two e-mails because we need the translation rate from German into XXX and from English into XXX. We used almost the same text in both e-mails.

The person in charge of sending the e-mails was one of our assistants. He didn't have a signature in his new e-mail. We all needed this information from the translators so I asked him to sign with the name of the whole team.

I am sorry if we didn't have the chance to answer to all of you yet. We are still entering the data in our system. I expect we can contact you back soon.

Thanks a lot.

Sandra García Alonso
Project Manager
Collapse

Paula Gordon
Paula Gordon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:35
Bosnian to English
+ ...
Sandra, good for you for coming here to explain! Feb 17, 2012

Hi Sandra,
I am not one of the translators you contacted (no problem there), but I hope you will report back to your colleagues how important it is to identify yourselves and your company in every e-mail.

Even if there were no signature, your assistant could have written a sentence like, "I am XXX from XXX Agency in city, country.

Also it's very helpful to use an informative subject line, which could include the name of your agency. For instance: Intertext
... See more
Hi Sandra,
I am not one of the translators you contacted (no problem there), but I hope you will report back to your colleagues how important it is to identify yourselves and your company in every e-mail.

Even if there were no signature, your assistant could have written a sentence like, "I am XXX from XXX Agency in city, country.

Also it's very helpful to use an informative subject line, which could include the name of your agency. For instance: Intertext -- Language > Language, subject matter, due date -- Available?

This is common courtesy, and will go a long way to forging a good relationship with your translators. Imagine the amount of unnecessary concern your two messages caused dozens of translators. Not a good way to start a relationship.

Next time you contact them, their first thought will be, "Oh, yeah, that's the company that sent those anonymous e-mails asking for my rates."

Just sayin'.

But once again, the fact that you came here to explain is much appreciated.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Business email practices

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »