Dr. Lausberg de Morales  Identity Verified
Guatemala
Local time: 23:21
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 14, 2004

Hi,

I want to buy equipment for simultaneous interpretation and I would like to know if anybody could give me an idea what basic equipment I would need to be equipped for conferences with up to 500 persons; where is the best place to buy and how much I would have to invest aproximately.

Thank you very much for your kind response.

Pat Jenner (X)
Pat Jenner (X)
Local time: 06:21
German to English
+ ...
General guidance Jun 14, 2004

As a first step I would suggest visiting the AIIC website (www.aiic.net; AIIC is the main body representing conference interpreters). If you click on the 'who are you' section and select 'conference organiser' you will see a list of relevant topics, some of which relate to equipment. This will give you an idea of where to start, but you can't actually buy equipment from the site.

Judy Rojas
Judy Rojas  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:21
Spanish to English
+ ...
Check Sony out Jun 14, 2004

Hi:

The basic equipment for 500 receivers can get quite expensive. In addition to the actual receivers you will need the microphones, a lapel mike (called a lavaliere). You will need a mixing table, a transceiver, antennas, speaker columns, a collapsible cabin (you can make that locally) and you will definitely need a sound technician to handle the equipment during the interpretation.

You can contact me privately and I will give you a list of the basic equipment (in Sp
... See more
Hi:

The basic equipment for 500 receivers can get quite expensive. In addition to the actual receivers you will need the microphones, a lapel mike (called a lavaliere). You will need a mixing table, a transceiver, antennas, speaker columns, a collapsible cabin (you can make that locally) and you will definitely need a sound technician to handle the equipment during the interpretation.

You can contact me privately and I will give you a list of the basic equipment (in Spanish) necessary.

Checkout Sony's website (expensive). Here in Chile we use Sony, Panasonic, and Telex equipment.

Cheers,

Ricardo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Equipment for simultaneous interpretation

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »