Tax forms required by US-based agencies
Thread poster: xxxjozhao

Local time: 19:38
Apr 22, 2013

Dear colleagues,

I have a question:

Which tax forms do you usually need to fill out and send to a US-based translation agency? (for US-based freelance translators AND International freelance translators)

Thanks a bunch!!


Direct link Reply with quote

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:38
Member (2008)
French to English
W9 and W8-BEN Apr 23, 2013

If you are US-based you need to send a W9. If you are not US-based you need to send a W8-BEN.



Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 19:38
Thanks! Apr 24, 2013

Thanks a lot John! The info has been most helpful!!

Have a good day!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tax forms required by US-based agencies

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search