Freelance for a country where you're no longer a resident
Thread poster: Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez
Austria
Local time: 22:10
Jul 17, 2013

Hello people,

First off greetings to you all. First post!

I don't do much translation work nowadays unfortunately save the odd job here and there. The thing is I no longer work in the UK (where I used to do some freelance work) and have moved to Austria. An old customer however has contacted me about a translation assignment and I don't know how it works in terms of taxes? Do I need to register as a freelancer in Austria just because of one assignment or how would that work? The payment would even be into my UK account.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot

Mario

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:10
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Nothing to do with the UK Jul 17, 2013

You need to comply with local rules. Where you get sent the money is irrelevant.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance for a country where you're no longer a resident

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search