Freelance for a country where you're no longer a resident
Thread poster: Mario Martinez

Mario Martinez
Local time: 06:57
Jul 17, 2013

Hello people,

First off greetings to you all. First post!

I don't do much translation work nowadays unfortunately save the odd job here and there. The thing is I no longer work in the UK (where I used to do some freelance work) and have moved to Austria. An old customer however has contacted me about a translation assignment and I don't know how it works in terms of taxes? Do I need to register as a freelancer in Austria just because of one assignment or how would that work? The payment would even be into my UK account.

Please advise.

Thanks a lot



Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:57
Member (2007)
+ ...
Nothing to do with the UK Jul 17, 2013

You need to comply with local rules. Where you get sent the money is irrelevant.


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance for a country where you're no longer a resident

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

  • All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search