Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What do you do when you discover an error in your translation after you delivered
Thread poster: Carmen Grabs
Tim Friese
Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:09
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Agree with everyone Feb 8, 2014

I can remember one clear case where I changed my mind about a translation after delivery and just sent a quick note that I was re-sending an edited version. The client did not mind.

Carmen Grabs
Carmen Grabs
Germany
Local time: 00:09
Member (2012)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I have worked on the corrections now, Feb 8, 2014

all changes implemented! It took a while, but I am proud now that I did it. And it feels good.

Will send the correction now, as someone said that PMs might check their emails over the Weekend.

Yes, and I agree that the long-term Reputation is more important. It's a very good idea to reserve the right to send updated Versions in case of partial deliveries.

And yes, I like what someone said about professionals doing mistakes and the misconception about it.... See more
all changes implemented! It took a while, but I am proud now that I did it. And it feels good.

Will send the correction now, as someone said that PMs might check their emails over the Weekend.

Yes, and I agree that the long-term Reputation is more important. It's a very good idea to reserve the right to send updated Versions in case of partial deliveries.

And yes, I like what someone said about professionals doing mistakes and the misconception about it.

Well, thank you all for your Support It's good to know I am not alone.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What do you do when you discover an error in your translation after you delivered

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »