Thread poster: FlorenciaMartin

FlorenciaMartin
Argentina
Local time: 14:51
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 29, 2014

Dear colleagues!

Has anyone experience with the "prepaid MasterCard from Global Cash Card"?
Is that a reliable payment method that allows withdrawing money abroad?

Your comments would be of great help.
Thanks in advance,
Florencia

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:51
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Exclusive employment? Apr 29, 2014

I visited their web site - https://www.globalcashcard.com/index.cfm - and everything I saw was related to employment/employer/employee/payroll. My take is that it is intended for companies having employees scattered all over the world.

At one point they mention that anyone having such a card, upon changing jobs, may download a form so that their new employer may use it to pay them. So it assumes ONE payer at a time.

It doesn't seem like something for a freelancer working for several different clients (not employers) all the time.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Seeking advice on payment methods, "pre-paid MasterCard from Global Cash Card"

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search