UK - Self-assessment - Where to put the work you outsourced?
Thread poster: TRADL

TRADL
France
Local time: 09:50
English to French
+ ...
Dec 8, 2004

Hi all,

I've given a few jobs to colleagues this year due to being too busy etc. and was wondering where to put the amounts in my tax return in April as I've never had to do that before. Thanks for your help!

TRADL

Direct link Reply with quote

Cecilia Coopman, M.A. in Translation  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:50
English to Spanish
+ ...
sole trader or limited company? Dec 8, 2004

TRADL wrote:

Hi all,

I've given a few jobs to colleagues this year due to being too busy etc. and was wondering where to put the amounts in my tax return in April as I've never had to do that before. Thanks for your help!

TRADL

Hello TRADL,

Are you a self-employed or a limited company? I am a self-employed (sole trader), and my accountant considers the outsorcing job as normal expenses. He hasn't put the amounts in the tax return itself as there is no field for this. However, in my balance sheet (this is just an internal document) he has an outsourcing entry.

If you are limited company, we better wait for other colleagues' advice as I don't have information about it.

Hope this helps.

Cecilia Coopman
English/Spanish Translator
www.CentosTranslations.com

TRADL
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sole trader Dec 8, 2004

To reply to Cecilia's question. I'm a sole trader and I don't have a balance sheet. Which category does it go in though as the "normal expenses" you mention? Thanks!

Deborah Shannon  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2002)
German to English
Cost of sales, I think Dec 8, 2004

TRADL wrote:

To reply to Cecilia's question. I'm a sole trader and I don't have a balance sheet. Which category does it go in though as the "normal expenses" you mention? Thanks!

Hi,

I have always put this under 'Cost of sales' on the basis that it is a direct cost attaching to the delivery of a particular job, rather than a general overhead expense.

TRADL
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks to both of you Dec 8, 2004

Thanks! That's all I needed to know.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK - Self-assessment - Where to put the work you outsourced?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search