Contract template
Thread poster: Chris Bruton

Chris Bruton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:57
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
Jan 12, 2015

I've been asked to provide an interpretation contract for a local medical group. I do not have one. Does anyone know where I could access a generic type contract to use as a template?

Direct link Reply with quote

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:57
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Please, refer to: http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/4099-model_contract_for_freelance_t Jan 12, 2015

Chris Bruton wrote:

I've been asked to provide an interpretation contract for a local medical group. I do not have one. Does anyone know where I could access a generic type contract to use as a template?

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 22:57
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Paulinho Jan 12, 2015

Paulinho Fonseca wrote:

Chris Bruton wrote:

As the link is broken, I'm posting it again:

http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/4099-model_contract_for_freelance_translators.html

Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 23:57
English to Polish
+ ...
Practically always the contract is prepared by the Buyer not by the seller Jan 12, 2015

so the translator is never on the buying side

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 22:57
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
You could use Jan 12, 2015

one of the contract templates from Business in a box (demo version)

[Edited at 2015-01-12 23:55 GMT]

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 17:57
English to French
+ ...
From Quebec's Translators Association Jan 13, 2015

Here is one contract template from the OTTIAQ (Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec). By the way GST and QST are the Goods and Services Tax and Quebec Sales Tax, you don't have to mention them if you are outside Canada, but other taxes may apply depending where you are.

http://ottiaq.org/extranet/pdf/Contrat-type-interpretation-EN_2014.pdf

Jean-Pierre

[Edited at 2015-01-13 02:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contract template

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search