Contract template
Thread poster: Chris Bruton

Chris Bruton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:33
Member (2006)
Spanish to English
Jan 12, 2015

I've been asked to provide an interpretation contract for a local medical group. I do not have one. Does anyone know where I could access a generic type contract to use as a template?

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 04:33
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Please, refer to: http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/4099-model_contract_for_freelance_t Jan 12, 2015

Chris Bruton wrote:

I've been asked to provide an interpretation contract for a local medical group. I do not have one. Does anyone know where I could access a generic type contract to use as a template?

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 08:33
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Paulinho Jan 12, 2015

Paulinho Fonseca wrote:

Chris Bruton wrote:

As the link is broken, I'm posting it again:

http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/4099-model_contract_for_freelance_translators.html

Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 09:33
English to Polish
+ ...
Practically always the contract is prepared by the Buyer not by the seller Jan 12, 2015

so the translator is never on the buying side

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 08:33
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
You could use Jan 12, 2015

one of the contract templates from Business in a box (demo version)

[Edited at 2015-01-12 23:55 GMT]

Jean-Pierre Artigau
Canada
Local time: 03:33
English to French
+ ...
From Quebec's Translators Association Jan 13, 2015

Here is one contract template from the OTTIAQ (Ordre des traducteurs, terminologues et interprètes agréés du Québec). By the way GST and QST are the Goods and Services Tax and Quebec Sales Tax, you don't have to mention them if you are outside Canada, but other taxes may apply depending where you are.

http://ottiaq.org/extranet/pdf/Contrat-type-interpretation-EN_2014.pdf

Jean-Pierre

[Edited at 2015-01-13 02:12 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Contract template

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search