A 29-word project with a nearly 20-word Test Required!!!
Thread poster: Mark Xiang

Mark Xiang
Local time: 22:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 25, 2005

Anybody wants to offer a quote?

Try this http://www.proz.com/job/70058


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:31
Member
English to Dutch
+ ...
Nope, I think outsourcer made a small mistake Jan 25, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

Anybody wants to offer a quote?

Try this http://www.proz.com/job/70058[/quote]

I simply think the outsourcer needs the translation of the words he posted as 'sample' and that he's willing to pay .10 SGD/per word.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 15:31
English to German
+ ...
Contact a jobs moderator Jan 25, 2005

Mark,
Evert is right - this is quite obviously a mistake (presumably, the job poster meant to enter 29,000 words, but used a full stop as a thousands separator). I would have expected the marketing collateral of Sentosa Island and Resort to be significantly more than 29 words...

As I pointed out a few times before, may I suggest to contact a Jobs moderator instead? Saves some time...

Best regards,
Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mark Xiang
Local time: 22:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Ralf Jan 25, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Mark,
Evert is right - this is quite obviously a mistake (presumably, the job poster meant to enter 29,000 words, but used a full stop as a thousands separator). I would have expected the marketing collateral of Sentosa Island and Resort to be significantly more than 29 words...

As I pointed out a few times before, may I suggest to contact a Jobs moderator instead? Saves some time...

Best regards,
Ralf


See what it shows:
Volume and pricing: 29 words at 0.10 SGD per word [ TOTAL: 2.90 SGD ]

I just do not think it is possible to make TWO mistakes in such a SHORT and SIMPLE sentence.

And I had seen several bid invitations on project with even fewer words than this one.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 15:31
Member
English to Dutch
+ ...
Would be one mistake, not two Jan 25, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

See what it shows:
Volume and pricing: 29 words at 0.10 SGD per word [ TOTAL: 2.90 SGD ]

I just do not think it is possible to make TWO mistakes in such a SHORT and SIMPLE sentence.

And I had seen several bid invitations on project with even fewer words than this one.


29 instead of 29.000 would indeed be a mistake, but making calculations is an automatic feature.
As already mentioned by Ralf, please contact a Jobs Moderator when you notice a mistake or inappropriate job postings.
I'lm closing this thread now.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Nesrin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:31
English to Arabic
+ ...
SUCCESSFUL Applicants must translate the following text? Jan 25, 2005

Mark Xiang wrote:

Anybody wants to offer a quote?

Try this http://www.proz.com/job/70058[/quote]

Actually, the sample text posted contains EXACTLY 29 words (if you count pony/horse as one word as there's no space between them).
So I think the poster meant to write:
SUCCESSFUL Applicants must translate the following text.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

lien
Netherlands
Local time: 15:31
English to French
+ ...
Participation Jan 25, 2005

Ralf Lemster wrote:

As I pointed out a few times before, may I suggest to contact a Jobs moderator instead? Saves some time...



And miss all the comments? ;D


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A 29-word project with a nearly 20-word Test Required!!!

Advanced search







Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search