Nikolai Muraviev
Nikolai Muraviev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:58
English to Russian
+ ...
Mar 28, 2005

Dear All,
I'm going to create a new company. In this connection, I would like to ask about the name for it:

"EJI",

formed by first letters of the names of participants.
My question is: doesn't it seem offensive in some languages or already in use by another (well-known) company, or organization etc.

Any comments will be appretiated!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-03-28 12:43]

Eva Blanar
Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 16:58
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Congrats with the new company, but... Mar 28, 2005

... I am afraid there are a couple of EJIs in the world (including the European Journalism Institute and a Hungarian copyright agency) - otherwise, in Hungarian it is okay.

You might try http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/kalex-intro.cfm (there is a free analysis service at the bottom of the page).

BTW, a "name analysis", same site:

Although the name Eji c
... See more
... I am afraid there are a couple of EJIs in the world (including the European Journalism Institute and a Hungarian copyright agency) - otherwise, in Hungarian it is okay.

You might try http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/kalex-intro.cfm (there is a free analysis service at the bottom of the page).

BTW, a "name analysis", same site:

Although the name Eji creates an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a superior, interfering expression whose favorite expression is "I know." This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus, worry, and mental tension.

As Eji you seek change, travel, new opportunities, and new challenges. Your active, restless nature demands action and you dislike system and monotony. As you are versatile and capable, you could do any job well, although you would not like to do menial tasks. Having considerable vision, you could be adept at formulating new, more effective ways of doing things. You could organize the work of others, though in your impatience to see the job done efficiently, you would likely step right in and do it yourself. You could work well in sales and promotion, and would not be afraid to risk a gamble as the name gives you much self-confidence.

http://www.kabalarians.com/female/eji.htm

Collapse

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
eji sounds ok but Mar 28, 2005

It sounds fine to me. The only negative thoughts I have:
It doesn't tell you what the company does (i.e. translate4me, lingua services etc.), it's not practical to pronounce as a word (meaning people would always have to refer to it as "E" "J" "I", as opposed to "OMNI interpreting". There are a lot of google hits for the European Journalism Institute.
Otherwise, it has a nice ring to it and I don't see any problems.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opinion about a New Company name needed

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »