Help with European company interpreter and translator job application.
Thread poster: yugoslavia

yugoslavia
United States
Local time: 11:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 28

Dear Proz.com Colleagues living in Europe,

I hope you are doing well. I'm writing to you because I was offered a freelance interpreter and translator job position with a company based in Germany and with offices located in Romania. I live and I work in the United States and I'm not familiar with a few questions of the job application. On the first page of the application they are asking me to provide my VAT number.

I live in The United States but I'm originally from Spain. I don't live in Europe any longer. I have been living in The U.S. for a long time.

I don't have a VAT Number and I became American Citizen around 4 years and a half ago.

They are also asking me for my interpretation rates in Euros. Do you think that it is possible to type in the application s and send my rates in U.S. Dollars for the reason that I live in the United States?

I get paid in US Dollars by foreign companies when I work as an interpreter for them here in The U.S. I know Paypal will also charge me an expensive PayPal foreign conversion fee if a translation company pays me in Euros and if I convert the money to U.S.Dollars. They don't pay by Western Union or Money Gram.

Please let me know. I will appreciate your help and cooperation about this matter. Spanish speakers,feel free to give me your suggestions in Spanish.

Best regards,

Yugoslavia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with European company interpreter and translator job application.

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search