Thread poster: Mike Donlin

Maxi Schwarz
Local time: 09:17
German to English
+ ...
thank you, Mike Oct 23

Mike Donlin wrote:

Maxi Schwarz wrote:

In general my current payment relationship is fine so I have no need for such a service or any extra steps. However, I do run into one particular situation from time to time - clients in Germany. It has happened more than once that their banks are stymied by the fact that countries outside of the EU do not have the codes they are used to filling out to route the payment, and they just don't know how to do it. So I have only encountered this with Germany. We usually find a workaround.

Would ProZ Pay have something to offer in this kind of scenario? From what I am reading here, would I end up having a new problem involving the US taxation system and forms to fill out in that regard?

Hi Maxi,

Your example would be a case where ProZ Pay may be able to help. There should be no additional issues with the US taxation. When the situation arises again, propose this as a solution.

Mike

Thank you for that answer. I'll keep it in mind.

Mike Donlin
Local time: 10:17
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Currency that is not converted Oct 23

Mohamed Gaafar wrote:

The question is I want to receive payment in Euro or USD but when I tried to participate I found that you previously set the local currency as my bank account. I do want to make a currency conversion. Can you change this please ?!!

Hi Mohamed,

We spoke outside the forum, but wanted to put it here that this is not part of the feature right now. However, it is something that may be coming soon. Note that the cost of transfer into a another country without local currency conversion is typically going to be higher.

Mike

Dmitrie Highduke  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 17:17
Member (2008)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Useful feature Nov 29

Let me put my two cents in.

I believe that this feature will be particularly useful for freelancers from countries where PayPal is not available (like Ukraine where I reside). The feature will allow (if it works properly) to accept payments from PayPal to one's bank account.

I'm in.

Mike Donlin
Local time: 10:17
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
PayPal payments where unavailable Dec 4

Dmitrie Highduke wrote:

I believe that this feature will be particularly useful for freelancers from countries where PayPal is not available (like Ukraine where I reside). The feature will allow (if it works properly) to accept payments from PayPal to one's bank account.

I'm in.

Yes, this has been useful where LSPs are used to paying all freelancers via PayPal and the freelancer is in a country where PayPal is not available.

Mike

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ProZ Pay™: A new way for freelancers to get paid

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search