Inclusive-format topic

3 posters

New posters welcome!
To agents and agencies: The GDPR Compliance Checklist
Thread poster: Vito Smolej
Feb 10

As a freelancer I have shared a lot of information about me with a number of companies.

Lately I have been combing through their list, paring it down to alive-and-kicking short list. The problem: I have yet to find a single one with a "forget-me" option. So (sigh) dear agents and agencies, check this out:

https://gdprchecklist.io/

You can make it, if you try. A forget-me button will do.

smo

Renée van Bijsterveld

Does GDPR even apply here? Feb 11

Isn't this business data rather than personal data?

I'm curious though about why you see this as a problem. You gave them the data. What harm is it doing?

And why can't you just send them an email and ask them?

Daryo

Unless you are buying Feb 11

from these agencies something in your private capacity / as an individual consumer instead of selling your services / being in business with them what's the GDPR got to do at all in this story???

It might be only you, but for these agencies you are a supplier - a business. Get these basics right.

You can't stop anyone building a database of commercial suppliers - do you ask for anyone's permission if you start making a list of builders you might use to renovate your house?

[Edited at 2019-02-11 19:49 GMT]

[Edited at 2019-02-11 21:00 GMT]

Richard Varga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To agents and agencies: The GDPR Compliance Checklist

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search