WORDFAST FORWARD 2019

WHAT IS IT? Join users, developers, trainers, staff, and tech support for Wordfast’s 5th annual user conference. The program will feature three days of Wordfast training and workshops, other software integration sessions, keynote speeches, one-to-one meetings with experts, and more. The evenings will be spent networking and celebrating Wordfast’s 20-year anniversary. WHEN AND WHERE IS IT? The 2019 edition of Wordfast Forward will take place in Sainte-Luce, Martinique on March 21-23, 2019.

Click for Full Participation

Legal advice for compensation from translation agency
Thread poster: Anette Pollner

Anette Pollner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:56
Member (2018)
German to English
+ ...
Mar 15

I have had a recent experience with a translation agency who reneged on their contract. It is an ugly affair, with the representative of the agency fabricating lies and going behind my back to replace me - and various other issues. Is there someone at PROZ who I can ask for legal advice? Is there something like the small claims court in other EU countries where I could sue them for compensation?
Any advice is appreciated!

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:56
French to English
Suggestions Mar 19

Anette,

I think you may have no replies to date as appropriate legal advice can only come from someone who is qualified. You don't give any information about the countries involved, a key factor in anything legal. Also, it may be just me, but I don't understand what you mean by "reneged". From the rest of your post though, I think you are saying that at some point, your client (agency) pushed you out of the picture on a job.

The way forward will depend on:
- the nature of the agreement you had with the client
- the applicable law.

I hope you manage to find a solution.

Anette Pollner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:56
Member (2018)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for replying Mar 19

HI Nikki thanks so much for your reply.
I wasn't asking for legal advice - of course not, we are translators. I was hoping that someone may have had a similar experience and learn from it. Thanks for replying!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Legal advice for compensation from translation agency

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search