Thread poster: Jennifer Ocquidant

Jennifer Ocquidant  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:52
English to French
+ ...
Dec 11, 2019

Hello dear colleagues,

I'm planning to increase my translation and revision rates (English and German to French) in 2020 and for that I'd like to create a price list to send to my clients.

- Does someone has a template they could share and also some tips on what I should include?
- Also, how do you approach clients with increased rates?

Thank you!

Teresa Borges
Portugal
Local time: 10:52
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Jennifer Dec 11, 2019

Please get in touch with me (bpt.trad@gmail.com) as I don't mind sharing my price list with you. For my long-standing customers my rates were raised 3/4 years ago and I intend to continue to serve my existing client base at current prices. I have been feeling the pressure to lower my rates from some potential clients: that’s one of the reasons why I now prefer to quote on a per-project basis rather than a per-word basis.

Robert Rietvelt
Armine Abelyan

Jennifer Ocquidant  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 05:52
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello Teresa, Thank you so much for your quick answer. I just sent you an email. Dec 11, 2019

Teresa Borges wrote:

Please get in touch with me (bpt.trad@gmail.com) as I don't mind sharing my price list with you. For my long-standing customers my rates were raised 3/4 years ago and I intend to continue to serve my existing client base at current prices. I have been feeling the pressure to lower my rates from some potential clients: that’s one of the reasons why I now prefer to quote on a per-project basis rather than a per-word basis.

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:52
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Agree Dec 11, 2019

Teresa Borges wrote:

Sometimes I got the same feeling, so I had a search what my colleagues (and 'so called colleagues') are asking, just to know what I am up against.

Please see: https://www.translationdirectory.com/translators/english_dutch.php (you can also search on other language pairs!)

[Edited at 2019-12-11 15:06 GMT]

Jennifer Ocquidant

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Template for translation price list

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search