Editing quality Guarantee.
Thread poster: Freimanis

Freimanis  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:46
English to Latvian
+ ...
Sep 17, 2005

I am a native English editor, and I have a potential job to correct the English text of a company’s web site. At present the sites language level is medium, at best, containing grammar and style errors. This site has already been launched and the company wants a guarantee that when I correct it no one is the future would come and say there are errors.
Can you offer any suggestion as to how I can deal with this guarantee issue, and what type of guarantee can be offered?
Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Offer free updates Sep 18, 2005

You could garantee them updates of the text edited by you for a certain period. If someone finds an error and you agree you would do the correction. Comments about the site good go straight to you.
Just an idea.
Regards
Heinrich

RHELLER
United States
Local time: 14:46
French to English
+ ...
I haven't seen any guarantees in this business Sep 18, 2005

Are they questioning your ability? did you show them samples? or do a test? did you provide references of satisfied clients? I also do English editing but no one has ever requested a guarantee.

we all make mistakes - the issue is 1) whether or not you spend enough time going over the text to find them and 2) do you have the knowledge necessary to correct them?

I agree that offering free help for a limited period after the job is done should be guarantee enough.

Freimanis  Identity Verified
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply to Rita Heller Sep 18, 2005

Rita Heller wrote:

Are they questioning your ability? did you show them samples? or do a test? did you provide references of satisfied clients? I also do English editing but no one has ever requested a guarantee.

we all make mistakes - the issue is 1) whether or not you spend enough time going over the text to find them and 2) do you have the knowledge necessary to correct them?

I agree that offering free help for a limited period after the job is done should be guarantee enough.

Yes, I have done a sample, actually a sample of their own site, that is why they are interested. I think the problem is that they were burnt the first time, and don’t wish a repeat experience, since their native language is not English.

Yes, I like the idea about free help for a limited period and will offer that.
Thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing quality Guarantee.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search