spam blockers
Thread poster: Ahmad Abdrabbou

Ahmad Abdrabbou
Local time: 17:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
Apr 2, 2006

Although my marketing campain was a success, still one of the things that makes me really worried is "spam blockers". Sometimes, I think that my email marketing messages go to the trash bin. Am I wrong? And what are the best techniques to avoid spam blockers in order to get my objective email messages read by the right person?

[Edited at 2006-04-02 19:45]

Direct link Reply with quote

Anthony Baldwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:14
Member (2006)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
c´est la guerre Apr 2, 2006

I think it´s just part of the game we play, a risk we must take.
I mean, if we send unsolicited marketing message, they, technically, would be considered spam.
I send out a few, but not a lot.
Mostly I send a lot of e-mail to outsourcers/agencies, but generally, they provide an e-mail address for precisely that purpose on their site.
As far as directly marketing to potential clients in various industries, well,
if they didn´t inquire about our services, our message my correctly be labeled spam and blocked/deleted/directed accordingly.

That´s why I focus most of my marketing on other methods, such as:
google ads
search engine submissions (and ¨optimizing¨ my website for inclusion)
adding resources to my website that bring traffic, but aren´t directly related to my services,
word of mouth,
providing the best possible service I can to exisiting clients to ensure repeat business, good reviews here and on other related sites, etc.
participating in yahoo groups, discussion forums and e-mail lists of language professionals, language educational matters, etc.

Rainer Pawellek  Identity Verified
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
That's what spam blockers are for Apr 2, 2006

Ahmad_Suliman wrote:

one of the things that makes me really worried is "spam blockers". Sometimes, I think that all my email marketing messages go directly to the trash bin.

I hope they do, because that's where they belong! As far as I am concerned (and I am not an agency!), I am receiving more and more emails from people who waste my time offering me unsolicited cooperation (sometimes even in language pairs that I never work with, as is known from my profile). Sorry, but emails like that are no purposive marketing - they ARE spam.

Am I wrong? And what are the best techniques to avoid spam blockers in order to get my objective email messages read by the right person?

Very simple: Just confine yourself to send email offers only in response of actual projects offered in your language pair(s) and field(s) of expertise. See to it that your subject heading clearly outlines that you can provide exactly what the inquirer is in need of. From my own experience, I can confirm that quite a number of inquirers I have contacted on this basis have turned into recurrent, regular and loyal customers.

Good luck!

Ahmad Abdrabbou
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am afraid this is not what I actually meant Apr 2, 2006

I hope they do, because that's where they belong! As far as I am concerned (and I am not an agency!), I am receiving more and more emails from people who waste my time offering me unsolicited cooperation (sometimes even in language pairs that I never work with, as is known from my profile). Sorry, but emails like that are no purposive marketing - they ARE spam.

I am afraid you did not get what I mean, Mr. Pawellek. I would not get the email address of an agency specialized in Asian languages translation and offer it my service. Some agencies provide email addresses for freelancers, but due to the large amount of email messages they receive daily, they get bored soon and do not bother to let everybody know they are not seeking linguists for six months or so. In such a situation, a spam blocker is the magic word.

Thanks fro the advice Antony!

[Edited at 2006-04-02 19:43]

[Edited at 2006-04-02 19:47]

[Edited at 2006-04-02 19:48]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

spam blockers

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search