Keeping Client Records
Thread poster: Heather Chinchilla

Heather Chinchilla
United States
Local time: 22:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 28, 2006

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion of a good way of keeping client records? I'm a freelance translator/interpreter and my husband paints houses. I'm looking for a good way to keep records in the following categories for my business as well as his:

1) client/prospect/lead name, address, phone, fax, email, website, etc.
2) directions to client's home or business (if applicable).
3) description of work done and for what price
4) description of estimates/bids not immediately accepted and amount quoted.
5) date and description of contacts by either party.
6) Name of contact person/people

I thought about using excel, but unless I divide it up into more than 1 spreadsheet, it'll be an akward size to easily view or print.

I thought about an address book, but there wouldn't be enough space to easily include all the information.

Does anyone know of a good planner/computer program/system designed for keeping such records, or does anyone have a system they've created and would be willing to share?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Direct link Reply with quote

Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 04:38
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
translation office 3000 Apr 28, 2006

You can download the trial version and see if it suits your needs.
http://www.translation3000.com/
I have been using it for some months and it's very user-friendly.

Ciao DZ

[Edited at 2006-04-28 20:42]

Heather Chinchilla
United States
Local time: 22:38
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Looks helpful Apr 28, 2006

Thank you, Daniela! It looks like something worth checking into. I'll look at it in more detail when I get home!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keeping Client Records

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search