https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/47545-translation_office_3000%3A_where_did_the_fuzzies_go.html

Translation Office 3000: where did the fuzzies go?
Thread poster: Claire Houdon
Claire Houdon
Claire Houdon
Local time: 00:42
English to French
May 17, 2006

Hi all,

After having read a lot of positive feedback about Translation Office 3000, I decided to download the trial version. It seems handy, but there are a few things I don't understand concerning CAT jobs.

- Is there a way to include a detailed fuzzy count on your quotes and invoices?

- It seems that you are forced to set your fuzzy rates using a percentage of your full (no-match) rate. However, this doesn't necessarily translate into a round number that
... See more
Hi all,

After having read a lot of positive feedback about Translation Office 3000, I decided to download the trial version. It seems handy, but there are a few things I don't understand concerning CAT jobs.

- Is there a way to include a detailed fuzzy count on your quotes and invoices?

- It seems that you are forced to set your fuzzy rates using a percentage of your full (no-match) rate. However, this doesn't necessarily translate into a round number that matches my advertised rates. Is there a way to simply enter the actual, accurate rate?

Thanks!
Collapse

Timothy Barton
Timothy Barton
Local time: 06:42
French to English
+ ...
Ask the company May 17, 2006

I don't think there's a way of doing it, but if you write to them, they usually reply fairly quickly, and they may implement your suggestion in future versions.

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 06:42
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
getting fuzzies into your Job / quote in Translation office 3000 May 17, 2006

When you do the quote (job menu), there's an entry for the unit price (left side, middle of the form) The two buttons next to it (AC and CC) allow you to

i) read in the stats and / or
ii) enter your own counts and/or weights

you can store your profiles - for later reuse and/or to stay consistent oin your quotes - etc. I can just talk from my own experience: so far I found everything I was looking for - and more...

In essence Translation office has t
... See more
When you do the quote (job menu), there's an entry for the unit price (left side, middle of the form) The two buttons next to it (AC and CC) allow you to

i) read in the stats and / or
ii) enter your own counts and/or weights

you can store your profiles - for later reuse and/or to stay consistent oin your quotes - etc. I can just talk from my own experience: so far I found everything I was looking for - and more...

In essence Translation office has the complete CAT application built in.

Regards

smo
Collapse

Claire Houdon
Claire Houdon
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your answers! May 17, 2006

Vito, I saw the CatCount feature but it doesn’t allow you to enter an accurate rate for your fuzzies. You can only enter percentages of your no-match rate (so, in my case, not my real rates).
I created a fake job with 1000 new words and 1000 95-99% fuzzies and then displayed the corresponding invoice. As my 95-99% represent 50% of my no-match rate, the invoice indicates a total word count of 1500 words, instead of 2000... and no details regarding the fuzzy rate... I don’t think that th
... See more
Vito, I saw the CatCount feature but it doesn’t allow you to enter an accurate rate for your fuzzies. You can only enter percentages of your no-match rate (so, in my case, not my real rates).
I created a fake job with 1000 new words and 1000 95-99% fuzzies and then displayed the corresponding invoice. As my 95-99% represent 50% of my no-match rate, the invoice indicates a total word count of 1500 words, instead of 2000... and no details regarding the fuzzy rate... I don’t think that the client would appreciate that!
It seems that there’s no way to get a detailed and accurate invoice if your word count includes fuzzies. Therefore, unless I’ve missed something, TO 3000 is clearly not suitable for technical/IT translators like me... Too bad... But I will definitely recommend that they include this feature in a future release!
Collapse

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
You are doing it right, but... May 18, 2006

Before doing anything, you would have to start by going into your settings and creating a CAT count profile. Then, when you enter those famous percentages, you start by loading that profile, and go enter the percentages.

If not, you can always make up a multiple item job - you will find the button in the client's jobs window, lower right.

Hope this helps!

[Edited at 2006-05-18 07:55]

By the way, wouldn't life be so much simpler and better if CA
... See more
Before doing anything, you would have to start by going into your settings and creating a CAT count profile. Then, when you enter those famous percentages, you start by loading that profile, and go enter the percentages.

If not, you can always make up a multiple item job - you will find the button in the client's jobs window, lower right.

Hope this helps!

[Edited at 2006-05-18 07:55]

By the way, wouldn't life be so much simpler and better if CAT tool discounts didn't exist? Thank you, Trados! I will forever be indebted

[Edited at 2006-05-18 07:56]
Collapse

Claire Houdon
Claire Houdon
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Viktoria! May 18, 2006

Actually, I didn't see the "New Multi-Item Job" feature... Thanks to it, I could enter my accurate rates and create a detailed invoice. Great!

PS: However, I have to agree with your last remark... ;o)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Office 3000: where did the fuzzies go?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »