Identities of job posters
Thread poster: jlg
jlg
jlg
Local time: 22:37
French to English
+ ...
Aug 28, 2002

Check out the identities of the agencies who made the following job postings - using the \"See their website\" link - bottom left of form.

Aug 28 4.20 p.m. Eng>FRench Lease Contract

Aug 28 3.57 p.m. Eng>French French Translator

Aug 26 2.12 p.m. Fr>Eng Scientific Writers

In all three cases I found my own Proz.com profile listed - but I have absolutely nothing to do with any of these contracts.

What\'s going on here ? Are translators\' profiles bei
... See more
Check out the identities of the agencies who made the following job postings - using the \"See their website\" link - bottom left of form.

Aug 28 4.20 p.m. Eng>FRench Lease Contract

Aug 28 3.57 p.m. Eng>French French Translator

Aug 26 2.12 p.m. Fr>Eng Scientific Writers

In all three cases I found my own Proz.com profile listed - but I have absolutely nothing to do with any of these contracts.

What\'s going on here ? Are translators\' profiles being fraudulently used by rogue agencies?
Collapse

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
This is a technical problem that can be fixed Aug 28, 2002

I had the same problem once before.

What happened is that the agency, when setting up their Proz profile, did not include the *http://* segment at the begining of their agency\'s website URL.

So what happens, is that when you click on that link at the bottom of their Proz profile to go check out that Agencies real website, you end-up seeing your OWN Proz profile instead.

You need to report this by going to the GET SUPPORT section (lo
... See more
I had the same problem once before.

What happened is that the agency, when setting up their Proz profile, did not include the *http://* segment at the begining of their agency\'s website URL.

So what happens, is that when you click on that link at the bottom of their Proz profile to go check out that Agencies real website, you end-up seeing your OWN Proz profile instead.

You need to report this by going to the GET SUPPORT section (located on the left-hand side menu bar (under Platinum member services) or, if you are not a platinum member (I did not take note before I hit *reply*), then you can go in the REPORT BUGS section of the forum and ask for someone to fix this agency\'s Proz profile.

They should really make the *http://* as a permanent fixture that can\'t be removed, or else, we will all end up looking at our own profiles all the time

Email me if you do not quite understand, I will assist you.

Nathalie

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-08-28 23:58 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Identities of job posters

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »