Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 25, 2006

Hi,

A client of mine has asked me to get something dubbed in French but wants a male voice... which means that I have to get it done from someone else. I know enough people so getting it done is not a problem but would like to know what will be the correct rate for something like this. And should I charge something for providing the services (I mean for myself i.e. above what I'll have to pay for the studio and the voice artist).

And what would be the correct rate to
... See more
Hi,

A client of mine has asked me to get something dubbed in French but wants a male voice... which means that I have to get it done from someone else. I know enough people so getting it done is not a problem but would like to know what will be the correct rate for something like this. And should I charge something for providing the services (I mean for myself i.e. above what I'll have to pay for the studio and the voice artist).

And what would be the correct rate to pay and to charge... what is the basis of such rates and other issues involved. Would appreciate any information about this subject.

Thanks in advance,

Ritu
Collapse

juvera
juvera  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:03
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Try googling, and direct contact. Jun 30, 2006

You can try googling for various aspects of the fees involved. You will be surprised how much the professionals charge.
After you collected some ideas and information about it, try your local Yellow Pages for a simple studio to hire.
You shall have to have a studio professional to do the technical bits, and ask their advice on the time needed to do the recording.
I only did audio recording, and that usually takes twice/ two and a half times of the estimated time of the final r
... See more
You can try googling for various aspects of the fees involved. You will be surprised how much the professionals charge.
After you collected some ideas and information about it, try your local Yellow Pages for a simple studio to hire.
You shall have to have a studio professional to do the technical bits, and ask their advice on the time needed to do the recording.
I only did audio recording, and that usually takes twice/ two and a half times of the estimated time of the final recording. If you read say 10% of the text and time it, that could be your guide line, but dubbing is more laborious, and more likely to go wrong, because of the timing has to match the pictures. So it will take much longer. (Unless you really meant narration or just plain audio.) Again, the studio could advise.
Yo shall have to be paid for your time, of course, and all the expenses, and the fee for the "voice".

I hope somebody more experienced will give you some advice here, but if not, inquire locally at the studios.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dubbing in French

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »