French-to-English translators beware
Thread poster: Sara Freitas

Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 11:08
French to English
Jul 5, 2006

I am not sure if this posting violates forum rules, if so and the moderators need to squash it, that's fine.

An outsourcer that has been banned from Proz for poor payment practices is contacting translators by email for a large job for Friday.

So far, all I have is a phone number that appears to be a different extension of the numbers they have listed on Proz and a website that doesn't work. I have asked them to send me their full contact details so that I can see if it is in fact the same company. If anyone has been contacted and is considering taking on this job, feel free to contact me and I will give you the information I have.

Best regards,
Sara

Direct link Reply with quote

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:08
English to German
+ ...
Updated the BB record Jul 5, 2006

Thanks, Sara,
Your posting is ok as you didn't mention or imply the outsourcer's identity. Based on the details you sent to me privately, I updated the BB record accordingly.

Best regards,
Ralf

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

French-to-English translators beware

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search