legal consequences of expressing opinions on blue board
Thread poster: roak
roak
United States
German to English
Aug 6, 2006

hi colleagues,
I was told by a colleague in the US the other day that someone posted his opinion about an agency on PROZ Blueboard and had to himself face legal action, despite the fact that the agency had not paid him anything for the work he did. It seems the agency aleeged that the translator ruined their iamge.

Does posting your honest opinions on the blueboard make a translator vulnerable ?? May be a topic of interest to all of us?

Direct link Reply with quote

Vladimir Dubisskiy  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:14
English to Russian
+ ...
another "urban legend" Aug 6, 2006

That's what it is, I am pretty sure.
There is a simpler definition but it is too colloquial)

Blue Board IS a fantastic tool and helps translators a lot. Agencies (and I know it not from someone, but from my personal talks with several Project Managers in the reputable translation agencies) really pay attention to the translators' comments and their (agencies') Blue Board rating.

roak wrote:

hi colleagues,
I was told by a colleague in the US the other day that someone posted his opinion about an agency on PROZ Blueboard and had to himself face legal action, despite the fact that the agency had not paid him anything for the work he did. It seems the agency aleeged that the translator ruined their iamge.

Does posting your honest opinions on the blueboard make a translator vulnerable ?? May be a topic of interest to all of us?

Henry Dotterer
Local time: 11:14
SITE FOUNDER
Without making any legal determinations... Aug 8, 2006

... do you have any contact details on this person? If you do, please let me know. I am not aware of such a case.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

legal consequences of expressing opinions on blue board

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search