https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/53828-payments_received_by_cheques_versus_paypal_in_india.html

Payments received by cheques versus Paypal in India.
Thread poster: Pundora
Pundora
Pundora  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:58
English to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 23, 2006

Hi everyone.

I need a great help from all of you working from India particularly, and receiving payments through Paypal. I am told that when we request the payments in our bank account here in India a large amount is deducted in the transaction and only very small fraction we get actually. How much gets deducted actually and what per centage I would get roughly in my bank account here, if I receive payments through this mode.

Thank you very much in advance.

Narasimhan Raghavan
Narasimhan Raghavan  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:58
English to Tamil
+ ...
In memoriam
Go for Western Union Money Transfer or MoneyGram in that order Aug 23, 2006

These two methods have the advantage of being simple and safe. Ask your client to pay you in this method making it clear beforehand that he has to bear the entire cost of transfer fee.

You will get the transfer number from the client and go to the nearest Western Union or MonbeyGram agent in India, who will pay you the amount in Indian rupees based on the exchange rate of the day.

Go to their respective Websites for more details.

Regards,
N.Raghavan

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 04:28
English to German
+ ...
passive resource informaton Aug 23, 2006

Pundora wrote:

Hi everyone.

I need a great help from all of you working from India particularly, and receiving payments through Paypal. I am told that when we request the payments in our bank account here in India a large amount is deducted in the transaction and only very small fraction we get actually. How much gets deducted actually and what per centage I would get roughly in my bank account here, if I receive payments through this mode.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi! if you link your bank account along with your credit card with the paypal account, they normally charge abour 3% of the transfer sum or about €18,- per transfer whichever is higher, additionally your bank may also charge you on this. Take a trial transaction to see the issue in detail. Best Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payments received by cheques versus Paypal in India.

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »