Purchase Orders
Thread poster: Manuel Rossetti
Manuel Rossetti
Local time: 13:31
Sep 12, 2006

The translator and agency have come to terms and agreed on a purchase order. 1/2way or later through the project, the client wants the agency to make the translator sign their contract and terms and other paperwork before they-the client- are to pay.

What should I do. I'm considering adding a clause on my purchase order from now one that would protect me from such practices. Can anyone help me on this?

Direct link Reply with quote

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 07:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Independence from client-agency relationships Sep 12, 2006

I guess someone with expert legal knowledge should help you word it, but it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement between the translator and agency and is independent of any agreement or contract the agency might have with any other party.

Manuel Rossetti
TOPIC STARTER
PO Sep 12, 2006

GoodWords wrote:

I guess someone with expert legal knowledge should help you word it, but it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement between the translator and agency and is independent of any agreement or contract the agency might have with any other party.

Thank you Sra. GoodWords.

I'll look into wording a few clauses for my own sake and protection.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 14:31
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Or make it subject to the PO Sep 12, 2006

GoodWords wrote:
...it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement...

Or, add a clause to the new contract stating that if there are terms in that agreement which contradicts any terms of the PO, then the PO's terms will be overriding.

Manuel Rossetti
TOPIC STARTER
PO Sep 12, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:

GoodWords wrote:
...it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement...

Or, add a clause to the new contract stating that if there are terms in that agreement which contradicts any terms of the PO, then the PO's terms will be overriding.

Gracias, Samuel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Purchase Orders

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search