Purchase Orders
Thread poster: Manuel Rossetti

Manuel Rossetti
Local time: 18:06
Sep 12, 2006

The translator and agency have come to terms and agreed on a purchase order. 1/2way or later through the project, the client wants the agency to make the translator sign their contract and terms and other paperwork before they-the client- are to pay.

What should I do. I'm considering adding a clause on my purchase order from now one that would protect me from such practices. Can anyone help me on this?

GoodWords  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 12:06
Spanish to English
+ ...
Independence from client-agency relationships Sep 12, 2006

I guess someone with expert legal knowledge should help you word it, but it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement between the translator and agency and is independent of any agreement or contract the agency might have with any other party.

Manuel Rossetti
TOPIC STARTER
PO Sep 12, 2006

GoodWords wrote:

I guess someone with expert legal knowledge should help you word it, but it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement between the translator and agency and is independent of any agreement or contract the agency might have with any other party.

Thank you Sra. GoodWords.

I'll look into wording a few clauses for my own sake and protection.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Or make it subject to the PO Sep 12, 2006

GoodWords wrote:
...it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement...

Or, add a clause to the new contract stating that if there are terms in that agreement which contradicts any terms of the PO, then the PO's terms will be overriding.

Manuel Rossetti
TOPIC STARTER
PO Sep 12, 2006

Samuel Murray wrote:

GoodWords wrote:
...it seems what you need is a clause that would state that the P.O. comprises the entire agreement...

Or, add a clause to the new contract stating that if there are terms in that agreement which contradicts any terms of the PO, then the PO's terms will be overriding.

Gracias, Samuel.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Purchase Orders

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search