Thread poster: Hipyan Nopri

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:28
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Sep 21, 2006

Dear Fellow Translators,
I have just received an email from my foreign individual direct client asking me to certify my translation by stamping each page of the translation by my stamp. In fact, there is no request like this during the preliminary transaction.
The problem is I have no stamp at all. Indeed, I have been certified by Universitas Indonesia, but it does not provide any certified translator with stamp.
It is different from NAATI certification, where certified translator will be provided with certificate, ID card, and stamp.
What should I do? Should I make my own personal stamp and then stamp the pages?

Direct link Reply with quote

Clare Barnes  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 13:28
Swedish to English
+ ...
Notary Public Sep 21, 2006

Can you take it to a Notary Public and have it certified there? In Sweden this has the same status as a translation that is stamped by an authorised translator, or so I believe (nor is it expensive to do this).

Kathi Stock  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:28
Member (2002)
English to German
+ ...
Have your own stamp made Sep 21, 2006

That is what I did after I became a certified translator (still living in Germany) and when I moved to the US, I had another one made.

My stamp is round....in the middle is my name and full address and along the circumference it says "Certified Translator Licensed Court Interpreter".

Works perfectly fine.

Kathi

Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 18:28
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Sep 21, 2006

Clare and Kathi for your valuable suggestions. Anyhow, Kathi's suggestion is more affordable. I will make my own stamp.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Certification

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search