Références sur site Internet
Thread poster: alvanice

alvanice
Local time: 05:12
English to French
+ ...
Nov 9, 2006

Est-ce que vous connaissez la législation/jurisprudence applicable aux références clients que l'on peut citer sur un site Internet ? Est-ce que l'on est libre de citer le nom des clients avec qui on a travaillé ou est-ce qu'il y a des règles juridiques qui exigent l'autorisation préalable ? Je parle uniquement du nom, pas du logo éventuel du client. Merci de m'éclairer à ce sujet.

Direct link Reply with quote

Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 06:12
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
Sorry to reply in English... Nov 9, 2006

... but my French is a little rusty.

I am not familiar with the law on the subject, however I would think that it would be courteous to ask customers whether they are happy with you using their name on a website as a reference.

I have come across customers who refuse to use the translator's name, because they prefer people to think that they can do the work (the translation) in-house. So they would not want it advertised that any translation was farmed out.

So ask first, would be my advice.

Natasha Dupuy  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:12
French to English
Always ask, to avoid problems later on Nov 9, 2006

I am not familiar with the law on this subject either, but I can share my experience with you.
I once worked for a company that listed the names of its most-recognisable direct or indirect clients on its website. One day we received a letter from a law firm representing one of these companies, stating that we did not have permission to use their company name in this context and that if the name was not removed immediately legal action would be taken.

I certainly would never want to find myself in that situation!

I notice that some T&C specifically state that the customer cannot be used as a reference, others do not include such a clause but, if ever in doubt and if only to preserve a good relationship with your client, I would always ask.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Références sur site Internet

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search