https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/61376-projects_unpaid_for_on_profile.html

Projects unpaid for on profile
Thread poster: Michèle Ménard
Michèle Ménard
Michèle Ménard  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:39
French to Italian
+ ...
Dec 11, 2006

Hi everybody,
today I have some spare time and I'd like to update my profile on Proz. Unfortunately, I have some problems with an outsourcer who seems unwilling to pay some important projects I worked on in the past months (no comment, please) and which I would like nonetheless to list on my profile.

In your opinion, should I list them anyway - without specifying who I did the projects for and (above all) hopin
... See more
Hi everybody,
today I have some spare time and I'd like to update my profile on Proz. Unfortunately, I have some problems with an outsourcer who seems unwilling to pay some important projects I worked on in the past months (no comment, please) and which I would like nonetheless to list on my profile.

In your opinion, should I list them anyway - without specifying who I did the projects for and (above all) hoping my payment issues will soon be solved?

Thanks for your answers,

Michèle

P.S.: I am not quite sure whether this is the right forum for this topic...
Collapse

Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL
Stanislaw Czech, MCIL CL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:39
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I don't think it could be a problem Dec 12, 2006

I would see a problem if you decided to list projects done as volunteer and preset them as paid work but in his situation by refraining from listing this jobs you loose twice - first you were not paid (which I hope you'll manage to solve) and than you do not take credit for doing work.

If I were you I would list these projects on my profile however without asking for vetting untill I am paid - obviously you don't want to deal with situation when somone adds insult to the injury and
... See more
I would see a problem if you decided to list projects done as volunteer and preset them as paid work but in his situation by refraining from listing this jobs you loose twice - first you were not paid (which I hope you'll manage to solve) and than you do not take credit for doing work.

If I were you I would list these projects on my profile however without asking for vetting untill I am paid - obviously you don't want to deal with situation when somone adds insult to the injury and not only not does notpay you but also writes some ugly comments in your profile.

Good luck
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Projects unpaid for on profile

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »