Thread poster: dmoamin

dmoamin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:52
Arabic to English
+ ...
Dec 11, 2006

hi
how would you set up your e-mail on the website? i saw two e-mails squirrelmail and horde mail. i seem to be able to send e-mails from these two but i am unable to receive any e-mails. do i need to set up either one? and how do i do that?
thanks

Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
A different way Dec 12, 2006

dmoamin wrote:

hi
how would you set up your e-mail on the website? i saw two e-mails squirrelmail and horde mail. i seem to be able to send e-mails from these two but i am unable to receive any e-mails. do i need to set up either one? and how do i do that?
thanks

Hi,

In Control Panel, instead of going directly to Webmail, go to Mail > Add/Remove/Manage Accounts > Webmail. It did the trick for me.

United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i did that but i was not so sure how to add or how to remove Dec 12, 2006

Hi
thanks for replying. i did that but i still was not so sure what or how to add or remove one/ what do i need to set up ?
let us say i chose Horde how do i set it up and choose it? how to i delete the other e-mails? do i need to delete them?

Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Adding or removing an account Dec 12, 2006

dmoamin wrote:

i did that

And what happened? Were you able to see your messages?

Horde and Squirrelmail are only Web email clients/interfaces that allow you checking your e-mail on the Web. You can also download your messages on the hard disk using a POP client like Thunderbird or Outlook Express.

As for how to add or remove an account, the [Add Account] and respectively [Delete] buttons are designed for that purpose. You should be able to see them when you go to Mail > Add/Remove/Manage Accounts in the cPanel.

I think the cPanel manual might help you better understand how cPanel works. It can be found at http://www.cpanel.net/docs/cpanel/. If you prefer a PDF version, go to www.cpanel.net/docs/pdf/cpanel .

[Edited at 2006-12-12 17:31]

United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no still unable to see them Dec 12, 2006

I can send messeges from those two e-mail services but i cannot receive anything. i sent it to my yahoo e-mail and i got the messege but when i replied back i did not get the e-mail on either one of the two. i feel that there is a need to set up something but i just do not know how or what it is.
thanks for your help

United States
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
i found it, problem solved thanks for your help Dec 13, 2006

thanks a lot for your help i found the problem, i had to configure my e-mail address. it was right there in front of my eyes. thanks a lot for your help

Luxembourg
Member (2004)
English to Romanian
+ ...
You're welcome Dec 13, 2006

I'm glad if I could be of some help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

setting up e-mail on your website

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search