Thread poster: Patricia Lane

Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:26
French to English
+ ...
Dec 22, 2006

Hello,

I am thinking of taking advantage of the promo on TO3000. In reading through previous posts, I see most of you preferred V7 to V8...

I have two questions at present as I am testing the software.

1. It claims to be for freelancers and small agencies. I am not (and don't want to be) an agency, but there are occasions where I will split work with a colleague or contract a final proofing. Is it possible to assign such a task and to issue a payment? The webhelp seems to indicate this is not possible, but this does not make sense since even freelancers occasionally collaborate with colleagues.
2. Is it possible to create an invoice where payment is a percentage of a global amount?

Thank you in advance for your help and insights.

Kind regards,

Patricia

Direct link Reply with quote

Timothy Barton
French to English
+ ...
I'm afraid not... Dec 22, 2006

Patricia Lane wrote:

Hello,

I am thinking of taking advantage of the promo on TO3000. In reading through previous posts, I see most of you preferred V7 to V8...

I have two questions at present as I am testing the software.

1. It claims to be for freelancers and small agencies. I am not (and don't want to be) an agency, but there are occasions where I will split work with a colleague or contract a final proofing. Is it possible to assign such a task and to issue a payment? The webhelp seems to indicate this is not possible, but this does not make sense since even freelancers occasionally collaborate with colleagues.
2. Is it possible to create an invoice where payment is a percentage of a global amount?

Thank you in advance for your help and insights.

Kind regards,

Patricia

I'm afraid it's not really designed for outsourcing. Maybe this will come in future. All you can do is add it as an expense. To be honest, it's not too much of a problem, because we normally don't outsource more than half a dozen things a term. I just use Thunderbird for managing my outsourced work, keeping all work for a project in a folder, and having a folder for my invoices. When I receive an invoice I mark the message in red until I've paid it. At the end of the term, when I have to make my declarations (Spanish system) it's easy to find the invoices for that term as I can see the dates on which I received them. Of course, this means I have no system to warn me if someone has forgotten to invoice me. But while I would inform someone if I noticed that they had forgotten, I don't need a system that makes absolutely sure all work done for me is invoiced since it is their risk, not mine.

Patricia Lane  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
darn Dec 23, 2006

But thanks for your info, Timothy! Merry Christmas!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TO3000 V.8

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search