Proofreading of annual reports
Thread poster: eva75
eva75
eva75
English
+ ...
Dec 29, 2006

Could anyone tell me when is the best time to contact financial institutions to offer proofreading services for their annual reports?
(mt = english)

ejprotran
ejprotran
Local time: 09:46
English to Japanese
Don't worry about WHEN to contact them... Dec 30, 2006

Hello,

If I were you, I would not worry about 'when' to contact a financial institution. As far as I know, many financial institutions seem to prefer hiring in-house translators for their translation work. Some other financial institutions outsource their translation work to reputable translation agencies, at least in my language pair (from English to Japanese). They rarely offer job opportunities including proofreading of their annual reports directly to a freelance translator. If
... See more
Hello,

If I were you, I would not worry about 'when' to contact a financial institution. As far as I know, many financial institutions seem to prefer hiring in-house translators for their translation work. Some other financial institutions outsource their translation work to reputable translation agencies, at least in my language pair (from English to Japanese). They rarely offer job opportunities including proofreading of their annual reports directly to a freelance translator. If you are eager to get a proofreading job for a financial institution, I would suggest you contating translation agencies first, especially the ones that have a strong focus on financial translations. If you can prove yourself being capable of translating any kinds of financial texts, they will eventually ask you to proofread annual reports and such. This is how I got many financial translation jobs in the past. But it is possible for you to contact them directly.

Good luck.
ejprotran

eva75 wrote:

Could anyone tell me when is the best time to contact financial institutions to offer proofreading services for their annual reports?
(mt = english)
Collapse

sokolniki
sokolniki  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:46
English to Russian
+ ...
Depending on the Date of Annual Meeting of Shareholders Dec 30, 2006

Annual Reports are normally sent out to shareholders a few weeks before the Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The date for this event should be available on the financial institution's website.

However, as these Annual Reports are sent to print prior to distribution among shareholders, the printing companies usually offer their proofreading services and always have experienced proofreaders in their staff.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading of annual reports

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »