Thread poster: georgina singh
georgina singh
georgina singh  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:14
Tamil to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2007

Once I open a Paypal account, whats the next best thing I should do?

When money comes into my account how can I have access to it?

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 14:44
English to Dutch
+ ...
Check the Help Center at paypal.com Feb 13, 2007

Hi Georgina,

May I suggest you go to the Paypal Help Center at www.paypal.com?

Any and all questions regarding Paypal are answered there.

Good luck,

Evert

georgina singh
India
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Evert. Feb 13, 2007

I could have very well done that, but the thing is I have a little problem there.

The money for my work had gone into my account and I was notified of the same. When I wanted to withdraw an amount, it said - sorry, your payment has been reversed.

Now what does that mean? I think I might not have furnished the right details etc. Since I am new to this system and don't know anything about it, I want to clear my doubts.

Kindly put me in the way please.
<
... See more
I could have very well done that, but the thing is I have a little problem there.

The money for my work had gone into my account and I was notified of the same. When I wanted to withdraw an amount, it said - sorry, your payment has been reversed.

Now what does that mean? I think I might not have furnished the right details etc. Since I am new to this system and don't know anything about it, I want to clear my doubts.

Kindly put me in the way please.

Best regards,

Georgina.
Collapse

Evert DELOOF-SYS
Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
PayPal Customer Service Feb 13, 2007

Once again, I suggest you first check the Help Center.
If your question is not listed there or you can't find an answer, simply contact the Paypal Customer Service and explain your situation.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

FYI: Paypal has been answering some queries I had in the past, so they actually do 'listen'...
See more
Once again, I suggest you first check the Help Center.
If your question is not listed there or you can't find an answer, simply contact the Paypal Customer Service and explain your situation.

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_contact_us

FYI: Paypal has been answering some queries I had in the past, so they actually do 'listen'.

Best regards,

Evert
Collapse

Veronika Hansova
Veronika Hansova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2006)
English to Czech
+ ...
did you actually accept the payment? Feb 13, 2007

Hi Georgina,

First of all, so far I have only accepted money on my PayPal account. I have never sent them to anybody yet. So I do not know exactly how it works from the other side (sender's).
BUT: I know that when the money arrives to my account, I usually receive a message asking whether I accept them or not. This is also limited to a certain period, f.e. one week. I have to accept / confirm the receipt the money and only then I can withdraw them. So, from what you wrote I b
... See more
Hi Georgina,

First of all, so far I have only accepted money on my PayPal account. I have never sent them to anybody yet. So I do not know exactly how it works from the other side (sender's).
BUT: I know that when the money arrives to my account, I usually receive a message asking whether I accept them or not. This is also limited to a certain period, f.e. one week. I have to accept / confirm the receipt the money and only then I can withdraw them. So, from what you wrote I believe you probably missed the period during which you could "accept" the money.

I suggest you two things: contact the sender and ask him whether he received the money back and if he/she did, then ask him to re-send them. Also, contact the PayPal staff and ask them what actually happened. They might be of bigger help than our suggetsions.

I hope things will be solved soon.

Veronika
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
type of account you have Feb 13, 2007

Hello Georgina,

Many things are easier if you have a premium business account, secondly if you supply the system with a credit card, like visa or master, and the address you give should not acceed certain string length (many limitations here). Then there would be an account validation procedure, that is, when you submit your credit or debit card information, paypal charges with a credit and a debit of some small amount, just to see whether the account is operable. These transaction
... See more
Hello Georgina,

Many things are easier if you have a premium business account, secondly if you supply the system with a credit card, like visa or master, and the address you give should not acceed certain string length (many limitations here). Then there would be an account validation procedure, that is, when you submit your credit or debit card information, paypal charges with a credit and a debit of some small amount, just to see whether the account is operable. These transactions normally bear a 4 digit number and you have to reenter this number in the paypal system to validate your account. After that you can withdraw. The system generates a US cheque and ship to your address given in your profile, this normally takes about 7-10 days, then submit the cheque to your banker (cheque validity is 45 days or 90 days, this can vary) Your withdrawn funds will be remitted to your account within or not less than 21 days after submission to your banker. Best Brandis
Collapse

Karin Seelhof
Karin Seelhof  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
did you accept? Feb 13, 2007

Dear Georgina,

if you got an email with information, that money has been booked onto your PayPal account, it is necessary to click the link, go to your PayPal account and "accept" the payment. Only then it will appear on your account as an incoming value.

georgina singh
India
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Capesha. Feb 14, 2007

Capesha wrote:

Dear Georgina,

if you got an email with information, that money has been booked onto your PayPal account, it is necessary to click the link, go to your PayPal account and "accept" the payment. Only then it will appear on your account as an incoming value.

At first I got an E.mail saying the funds have come into my account. I went to my paypal account and also clicked on "accept". Immediately I got a message saying sorry your funds have been reversed- I don't know for what reason. I think it might be due to my Debit card. I have to still check that. Thank you so much Capesha.

georgina singh
India
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Brandis. Feb 14, 2007

Brandis wrote:

Hello Georgina,

Many things are easier if you have a premium business account, secondly if you supply the system with a credit card, like visa or master, and the address you give should not acceed certain string length (many limitations here). Then there would be an account validation procedure, that is, when you submit your credit or debit card information, paypal charges with a credit and a debit of some small amount, just to see whether the account is operable. These transactions normally bear a 4 digit number and you have to reenter this number in the paypal system to validate your account. After that you can withdraw. The system generates a US cheque and ship to your address given in your profile, this normally takes about 7-10 days, then submit the cheque to your banker (cheque validity is 45 days or 90 days, this can vary) Your withdrawn funds will be remitted to your account within or not less than 21 days after submission to your banker. Best Brandis

Thanks for the detailed description of procedures at Paypal. It really helped to get my view in the right perspective, so I am going to call the Paypal people and find out the reason. I used a Debit card and not a credit card.(they said you could use a debit card too)Thanks anyway for your sound advice.

Best regards,

Georgina.

georgina singh
India
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Evert, Feb 14, 2007

I think I'll go with your advice and get in touch with Paypal.

Thank you so much for your advice.

Best Regards,

Georgina.

georgina singh
India
Tamil to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much Veronika. Feb 14, 2007

Veronika Masopustová wrote:

Hi Georgina,

BUT: I know that when the money arrives to my account, I usually receive a message asking whether I accept them or not. This is also limited to a certain period, f.e. one week. I have to accept / confirm the receipt the money and only then I can withdraw them. So, from what you wrote I believe you probably missed the period during which you could "accept" the money.

I suggest you two things: contact the sender and ask him whether he received the money back and if he/she did, then ask him to re-send them. Also, contact the PayPal staff and ask them what actually happened. They might be of bigger help than our suggetsions.

I hope things will be solved soon.

Veronika

I think I'll follow what you said. I will get in touch with the sender and ask him if he has received the money back and I will also get in touch with Paypal.

Thank you for your advice.

Luv,
Georgina.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal account.

Translation news

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »