https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/69126-do_outsources_search_proz_fl_directory_using_advanced_criteria.html

Do outsources search Proz FL directory using advanced criteria?
Thread poster: Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka
Maciek Drobka  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:17
Member (2006)
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2007

Hello,

My question is to those of you who outsource work using Proz, and who find freelancers by using the search feature in the freelancer directory.

Do you often use any search criteria other than the source and target languages? Do you use specialty fields to narrow down your search for freelancers?

The reason I am asking is because I am considering creating Proz text ads. The text ads FAQ says that you must specify a specialty when creating your ad. The
... See more
Hello,

My question is to those of you who outsource work using Proz, and who find freelancers by using the search feature in the freelancer directory.

Do you often use any search criteria other than the source and target languages? Do you use specialty fields to narrow down your search for freelancers?

The reason I am asking is because I am considering creating Proz text ads. The text ads FAQ says that you must specify a specialty when creating your ad. The idea behind it seems to be a targeting system, where text ads are displayed that match advanced search criteria. However, if most outsources only search based on source/target languages regardless of specialties, creating text ads by using specialties would be a waste of time and money.

I hope the above is fairly clear. Any feedback welcome.

Maciek
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Do outsources search Proz FL directory using advanced criteria?

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »