Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic
Sonja Tomaskovic  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:14
English to German
+ ...
Jan 14, 2003

Hello,

a translation agency asked me to sign their confidentiality agreement. Along with it I received their terms&conditions, and I have actually one question about one part of it.

It says:

In most cases translations are sent for local control in the country of the target language.

Proofreading is often performed by the customer’s subsidiary or a person specially selected by

the customer. Any changes that have to be implemented by you are done so at no extra charge.

Does this mean that I have to make any changes, even if the translation is correct and does not contain any errors/typos/etc.?

I\'d appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,

Sonja

Direct link Reply with quote

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
any Jan 14, 2003

If they find any change that is required, you will have to do it without extra costs.

If not, you don\'t do anything.

BTW, this is a fairly general use of \"any\", not just in this context.

Evert DELOOF-SYS  Identity Verified
Belgium
English to Dutch
+ ...
May I add to this Jan 14, 2003

that changes proposed by clients are not always 100% fullproof?

I have seen things like this happen many times before: the clients\' reviewer corrects words/terms, only to find out later that s/he doesn\'t know e.g. the latest spelling rules or is simply not acquainted with term X or Y.

If I don\'t agree to proposed changes, I simply state so in my accompanying letter/email.

Afterwards it\'s up to the client to decide.
[addsig]

xxxHIROSE  Identity Verified
Japanese to English
+ ...
Agreed: It is always safe to have your own terms and conditions signed by each client. Jan 14, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-01-14 15:19, jazyk wrote:

that changes proposed by clients are not always 100% fullproof?

I have seen things like this happen many times before: the clients\' reviewer corrects words/terms, only to find out later that s/he doesn\'t know e.g. the latest spelling rules or is simply not acquainted with term X or Y.

If I don\'t agree to proposed changes, I simply state so in my accompanying letter/email.

Afterwards it\'s up to the client to decide.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Question regarding terms&conditions I received from an agency

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search