Kelly Gill
Kelly Gill
Italy
Local time: 06:49
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
the other side of the story..... Jul 3, 2007

That is really all I need to be able to decide what is right or wrong in this case.

If I could only get my hands on the revised copy things would be a heck of a lot easier!

As I said before , I am willing to accept that I screwed up but not before I have a copy of the translation sent to the final client.

If I get a revised copy which is more or less the same as mine I will ask a fellow translator to have a look and judge.

Marie-Hélène Hayles
Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:49
Italian to English
+ ...
Have you tried running a spell check on your translation? Jul 3, 2007

Unless they're all "there/their"-type errors, the spellchecker will pick up at least some of any spelling mistakes you've made and so you'll have an objective basis to establish whether one of their claims is correct or not.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

agency said "translation stinks" but did not send a revision

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »