Thread poster: Sylvia Germroth Nordebo

Sylvia Germroth Nordebo  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:58
Swedish to German
+ ...
Jul 4, 2007

Hi!

I have sent an invoice to a customer 2007-05-18. Their payment conditions are payment 45 days from invoice.
I have become a bit nervous because the project manager I have worked with has left the organisation.
They have paid part of the amount on may 29 but nothing since then.
No I wonder if 45 days from invoice means working days, which would mean that 45 days haven´t passed yet.

I would be grateful for comments.

Sylvia

Direct link Reply with quote

Deschant
Local time: 01:58
Reply Jul 4, 2007

The fact that the PM with whom you have worked has left the company shouldn't have any effect whatsoever in the payment process. What strikes me, however, is that they have paid only part of the amount, because this is not a normal practice. I would contact them and tell them that I have received the payment, but it is incomplete... maybe it is just a mistake.

Laura Gentili  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
45 calendar days Jul 4, 2007

As far as I know, it means 45 calendar days.
But I don't understand the following: why did they pay some on May 31? Did you agree on an advance payment?
It might also be a clerical mistake. They happen quite often even with trustful clients.
Can you contact someone in the payable dept?

Laura

Lawyer-Linguist  Identity Verified
Portugal
Dutch to English
+ ...
Doesn't help to speculate here Jul 4, 2007

Take the bull by the horns, pick up the phone and ask why your bill has only been partly paid.

Deschant
I forgot... Jul 4, 2007

... to mention that some agencies impose financial penalties on translators who deliver sub-standard quality material. The possibility of this, however, should have been made clear in any ND agreements or Purchase Orders you have exchanged with them, and in any case, if there was any quality issue with your translation, they should have contacted you in advance and let you respond to any mistakes found in your work by their proofreader.

Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
In any case send the reminder Jul 4, 2007

... otherwise they may say "hey, it was not just us, you forgot about it too..."

Regards and welcome to the crowd (sg)

Sylvia Germroth Nordebo  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your advice Jul 5, 2007

Hi everybody!

Thank you for your kind advice. I wrote an email to the former project manager and asked who was responsible in the company now. She wrote back very kindly, gave me the new address and even offered me her help.

I really had god experiences with this company, they were very content with my work and wanted to have me for further work.

So maybe it is really only a mistake.

Kind regards
Sylvia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

payment 45 days from invoice

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search