Would you kindly recommend a hosting provider?
Thread poster: redred

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 16, 2007

If a website is a static one with a few pages, 100M-200M space is sufficient, but go through some hosting providers, take one for example, the economy hosting plan is as follows: 5 GB Space; 250 GB transfer; 500 Email Accounts; FREE! Software; 10 MySOL Databases; 50 Email Forwards; Forums, Blogging, Photos; metropolis Hosting Community.

The minimum offer is far beyond the space of a mini website, it is somewhat an aircraft carriers to me, as old saying goes, don’t waste grain; thrift is virtue, it certainly waste resources though someone only spends a few dozens of US dollars per year.

To find a suitable partner, I would like to hear your suggestions about hosting providers in US and Europe.

Natalia Elo  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:16
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
ProZ.com Jul 16, 2007

Hi,

redred wrote:

To find a suitable partner, I would like to hear your suggestions about hosting providers in US and Europe.

I think you have found it, it's ProZ, but you have to be a member. I have been very satisfied with it and can only recommend it to others.

http://www.proz.com/faq/hosting

Best regards,
Natalia

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:16
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
ProZ.com Jul 16, 2007

With FTP account and what your heart would also wish.
For paying members for freeicon_smile.gif

I'm using it since it exists and can only but recommend it. A nice small provider.

Jerzy

Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:16
Dutch to English
+ ...
Same here Jul 16, 2007

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

With FTP account and what your heart would also wish.
For paying members for freeicon_smile.gif

I'm using it since it exists and can only but recommend it. A nice small provider.

Jerzy

For your needs - as you describe them "redred" - hosting through Proz would seem ideal.

I use it with no problems at all and have always found the hosting support staff quick to respond and very helpful.

Regards
Deborah

[Edited at 2007-07-16 17:00]

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks all Jul 17, 2007

Thank for your suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Would you kindly recommend a hosting provider?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search