Ivan Eikås Skjøstad
Ivan Eikås Skjøstad  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 19:02
Member (2002)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Oct 5, 2007

Just to let you know. Thunderbird (my email client) alerted me about another fake link to Moneybookers sent via email.

The fact that I accept MB makes me a target for these scam attempts, and they try to hide a link to their scam system where they most likely will try to obtain user names and password...

The golden rule: Log directly into your MB account via their website.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:02
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
This applies to any money-related institution Oct 5, 2007

Ivan,

My guess is that the probably phishing e-mail you got has nothing to do with your actual Moneybookers account. They send it to all e-mail addresses they have, in the hope that someone there will have a MB account and will try to log in using their link.

I receive a lot of messages pirporting to be from varied domestic and foreign financial institutions with whom I have/had some business relationship, as well as some I never heard of.

I have a P
... See more
Ivan,

My guess is that the probably phishing e-mail you got has nothing to do with your actual Moneybookers account. They send it to all e-mail addresses they have, in the hope that someone there will have a MB account and will try to log in using their link.

I receive a lot of messages pirporting to be from varied domestic and foreign financial institutions with whom I have/had some business relationship, as well as some I never heard of.

I have a PayPal account and get phishing messages supposedly from them that I should login there immediately through a given link, otherwise my account will be cancelled. My wife - who doesn't have a PayPal account - gets exactly the same messages.

So it's advisable to always login to such sites by typing the URL, and never clicking on a link provided on an e-mail message, even if it is legit (which is quite unlikely). When the message is legit, they usually give instructions on what should be done after having logged in by conventional methods.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Moneybookers" scam...again

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »