What is "get paid at escrow"?
Thread poster: redred

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 4, 2008

I contact a potential client, he asked me, "I need to do due dillagence with whom we hire to translate, are you willing to waite to be paid at escrow with the rest of my team?"

I know it would be a large project, I accept the due dillagence, but I prefer to be paid in installment. What is your viewpoint to "paid at escrow"? Have you experienced the "paid at escrow"?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Sundström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 21:16
English to Swedish
+ ...
Third party Jan 4, 2008

redred wrote:

I contact a potential client, he asked me, "I need to do due dillagence with whom we hire to translate, are you willing to waite to be paid at escrow with the rest of my team?"

I know it would be a large project, I accept the due dillagence, but I prefer to be paid in installment. What is your viewpoint to "paid at escrow"? Have you experienced the "paid at escrow"?

This usually means that the payment will be deposited at a thrid party that is trusted by both sides.
It's common in online auctions, while waiting for the goods to ship:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escrow

But I've never heard it being used to pay translators. This sounds very odd to me...

/Jan

redred  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 03:16
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANKS Jan 5, 2008

Thanks JAN.

In addition, a reference is needed to provide that is also complicated, and then set you aside, without any assignment in the future. What is called Formalism, the simple is the best.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is "get paid at escrow"?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search