Dear Bruno Piatti,
Here i am sending the job for you.
Field : DVD PLAYER(CAR MOUNT) MANUAL
Please confirm receipt.
I hope i can get your reply.
best regards

XXXX

The delivery date was 'for tomorrow'
I asked the rate proposed and, after a couple of messages, he told me 0.09. I asked "0.09 what" USD, EURO, Rupees. He never answered.
The wordcount was about 250, so it is an "half an hour job", but it seems a trap.

I wonder if anyone of you received a message like this one.

thanks
Bruno

Direct link Reply with quote

Suzanne Blangsted  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:47
Danish to English
+ ...
seeking information Jan 25, 2008

I received the same one and have had some messages similar to that one, where I apparently was given a job - then nothing, no response to my request for a work order.

Since I don't start a project without a PO (purchase order/work order) where I have an agreement about the project size and price, I don't start my translation. Therefore, no PO, no work.

I believe this type of "job offer" is to obtain information from translators. The language that is used with typos, wrong terminology, etc., is also a deterrent for me.

Suz

Bruno Piatti  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:47
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Good Blue Board rating Jan 25, 2008

Hi Suz
perfectely agree with you. This agency has a very good rating on the Blue Board. That's why I didn't delete immediately this message.

Bruno

BLANGSTED wrote:

I received the same one and have had some messages similar to that one, where I apparently was given a job - then nothing, no response to my request for a work order.

Since I don't start a project without a PO (purchase order/work order) where I have an agreement about the project size and price, I don't start my translation. Therefore, no PO, no work.

I believe this type of "job offer" is to obtain information from translators. The language that is used with typos, wrong terminology, etc., is also a deterrent for me.

Suz

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Deleted at poster's request.

Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 00:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
May be given to others already Jan 27, 2008

The client may have chosen the first answerer already...

I do hope I can recieve message like this soon,,hahaha

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Did you receive a message like this?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search