Yesterday CafeTran's developer surprised us all with his announcement that the Christmas version of CafeTran will offer the long-awaited, much requested improvements to the Excel filter.
With this, CafeTran will be on a par with Windows-restricted CAT tools like memoQ and Transit NXT. (Cross-platform alternative Wf Pro also offers good handling of Excel files, though users have to deal with more tags.)
This is what the developer of CafeTran promised:
There are rumors the December release of CafeTran will see the following
improvements to MS Excel and InDesign filters:
1. Ignoring hidden layers (InDesign).
2. Ignoring hidden sheets, rows and columns.
3. Specifying an import column or a range of columns (cells).
4. Specifying an export column.
5. Excel formatting (bold, italics, underline) displayed in the grid.