Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 17:24
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 22, 2015

Is the limit available for every new project (i.e. I can have a TMX of up to 1000 units in every new project), or is the TMX functionality gone when I exceed the 1000 limit say in my first project? It is not clear to me.

I will pay up to unlock the limit, but not this month. November wasn't very fruitful, so my account wasn't topped up sufficiently in December.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 22:24
English to Indonesian
+ ...
The Database - Recall Segments Dec 22, 2015

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:
Is the limit available for every new project

It's per project.

1000 TUs is only good enough to more or less find out how CT works. If you want to do a real job, you'll need more. Apart from requesting a time-limited trial version, as I mentioned above, you can import large TMs in the database, though. That's only good for (very fast) concordance search of large resources, and it won't allow you to really test one of the latest "killer features", Recall segments, but still, it's something. Go for that time-limited version. As the number 1 TM-Town translator (I'm only number two), you must have huge TMs. And CT allow you to use them, both because it accesses TMX files in the RAM, and because of Recall segments.

Cheers,

Hans

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 18:24
English to Turkish
+ ...
databases Dec 23, 2015

Although not documented, 1000 units limitation applies to databases as well. For valid reasons of course.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 22:24
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Are you sure? Dec 23, 2015

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:
Although not documented, 1000 units limitation applies to databases as well.

When I tested the free version, I could connect to my SQLite database, and use it for concordance purposes. Admittedly, that was an existing database, but TMX resources are "existing" as well. However, I couldn't use Recall Segments, because the resulting TMX file exceeded the 1000 TUs limit.

Cheers,

Hans

Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm still testing Dec 23, 2015

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Although not documented, 1000 units limitation applies to databases as well. For valid reasons of course.

I'm still testing how CT works, so I guess I'll wait until my bank account balance improves, and then I will unlock all features.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Your impressions Dec 23, 2015

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

I'm still testing how CT works

We all are. Personally, I see that as a positive feature of CafeTran.

Piotr, when you have some time at the end of this year, it would be really great if you could spare some minutes to compare your experiences with CafeTran with those with Studio (I read that you're still trying to get a solution there, which is of course understandable).

Perhaps you could make a posting in the Newbies forum of the CafeTran Freshdesk? I'd be very interested!

I have my experiences with the CAT tools that you use/have used too. I have my opinions, but how do other hoppers/migrants feel?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The 1000 units TM limitation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »