Thread poster: Serena Marangoni

Serena Marangoni  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:25
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
Sep 26, 2016

I've translated an excel file in Cafetran, with filters I've set the import column (and it imported and segmented it correctly) and the export column (where I want my translation to appear). When I try to export the translation instead I get a strange document that's only vaguely similar to the original, and instead of the translated segments I see bits of the TM. I can export to txt and word correctly but the segments are segmented (sorry!) so I have to copy into a txt, delete all the line breaks and paste into the documents. I will probably do this because I need to hand in the document very soon (and it's not huge) - but I wonder what went wrong and why this is happening to avoid the problem in the future.

CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Create a ticket Sep 26, 2016

Serena Marangoni wrote:

I've translated an excel file in Cafetran, with filters I've set the import column (and it imported and segmented it correctly) and the export column (where I want my translation to appear). When I try to export the translation instead I get a strange document that's only vaguely similar to the original, and instead of the translated segments I see bits of the TM. I can export to txt and word correctly but the segments are segmented (sorry!) so I have to copy into a txt, delete all the line breaks and paste into the documents. I will probably do this because I need to hand in the document very soon (and it's not huge) - but I wonder what went wrong and why this is happening to avoid the problem in the future.

With questions this specific I'd advise you to create a ticket and send the project files to support: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Solved? Sep 28, 2016

I just read this posting of yours:

http://www.proz.com/forum/cat_tools_technical_help/306883-translating_excel_file_without_overwriting.html

As you know, CafeTran can do this, so I'm wondering: has your problem been solved?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cafetran problem when exporting excel file

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search