"Panels arrangement found in some other CAT tools"
Thread poster: Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
May 4

Just a screenshot of a new layout that has been made directly available as of today:

ubegccc5hfn9igxxtizv.png

BTW: Would be nice if all coloured labels in the Matchboard would have the same width icon_wink.gif.

Download at: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000054130

Direct link Reply with quote

Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:22
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I've been testing that one too today (and the other one)... May 4

However, I still wish Igor would also offer an option where the editing pane is actually integrated in the grid, like in memoQ/DVX/Studio/memsource, etc. I still think that this would save a lot of space, and that it is more user friendly.

In CafeTran, you have to look back and forth too much between the grid (macro level) and the src+trgt boxes (micro level).

Michael

Hans Lenting  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Distraction-free proofread view May 5

Michael Beijer wrote:

However, I still wish Igor would also offer an option where the editing pane is actually integrated in the grid

If I remember correctly, this would require rewriting CT for the greatest part.

Another useful view would be a distraction-free proofread view:

nzpwxwfylvzmxxmhtchy.pnghttps://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000049977

Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:22
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Translation vs. Review layout May 5

Hello,

> you have to look back and forth

Please see my response to your post at CafeTran's forums: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/6000054130

> Would be nice if all coloured labels in the Matchboard would have the same width

The MT labels have the same percentage width but you squeezed the Matchboard a bit too narrowly, possibly because of a smaller laptop screen. Expect some polishing for smaller screens. Thanks!

Igor

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"Panels arrangement found in some other CAT tools"

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search